The Embassy and Mission of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in Rome is now extending expired Machine-readable passports (Not handwritten) for a validity period of five years only.
Afghans based in Italy who wish to extend Machine-Readable Afghan Passports should read the following instructions carefully
REQUIREMENTS FOR extension of AFGHAN PASSPORT
- VISIT IN PERSON: An applicant MUST visit the embassy in-person on the date and time of their appointment. Applications sent to the embassy via post and/or applications in the absence of the applicant will NOT be processed.
- APPLICATION: An application must be filled carefully in BLOCK letters in English and Dari/Pashto for each applicant, with special attention to name and surname’s spelling, date of birth (Day/Month/Year), height, occupation and other specifics and accurate current address in Athens . Application forms in both Dari and Pashto can be downloaded from below.
- PASSPORT EXTENSION FEE: The fee for the extension of one passport with the duration of 5 years is 120.EURO. The fee for an immediate (emergency) extension of one passport with the duration of 5 years is 172.EURO
- The Embassy does NOT accept cash under any circumstances.
- TAZKIRA (AFGHAN NATIONAL ID): Applicants must provide their original Tazkira to the Embassy along with the application. If the applicant’s Tazkira is not available, copies of the Tazkiras of father and brother of the applicant must be presented.
- PHOTOS: 2 passport size (4x4.5 cm) recent photographs with a white background is required for an application.
- CHILDREN: If a child was born in Italy and would like to apply for an extension of Afghan passport, his/her parents, must provide:
a) Tazkira of the parents, either original or copy. The above procedure on Tazkira will apply.
b) Child’s Birth Certificate must be presented to the embassy along with the application. The Certificate must contain the names of both father and mother of the child.
c) Marriage Certificate of the parents must be presented to the embassy along with the application.
- PROOF OF RESIDENCE: The applicant must provide a copy of the Italian Residence Permit.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply directly to the embassy, applications submitted to the embassy by travel agencies will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
- Ensure you write your full name in Dari/Pashto on the application.